GEEIA-MDA-EI REUNION HEADS-UP

Getchell, Darrell
Administrator
Year Enlisted: 1961
Year Discharged: 1991

Postby Getchell, Darrell » September 8th, 2007, 8:16 am

For those fortunate individuals who decided to attend the reunion: Meridian Ave in front of the Biltmore Hotel is still undergoing construction. The project was supposed to be completed in August, but due to the heavy rains we've had in the OKC area this summer, construction is still ongoing. I live to the East of the hotel and will be taking I-40. But, instead of exiting at Meridian, I will be exiting two miles east at MAY Ave. turning north (right) and then taking a left on W. Reno Ave. For those arriving from the West on I-40, I recommend exiting at Rockwell, turning North (Left) and taking a right on Reno, one mile to Meridian. Hopefully they will have most of the construction finished, but there will no doubt still be congested traffic in front of the hotel. Just didn't want anyone to be surprised at the construction. See all y'all in 5 days!
Darrell Getchell

Andruschak, Mike
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Postby Andruschak, Mike » September 8th, 2007, 6:03 pm

Sounds like another reason for coming in on the motorcycle. If the bike and I hold up I'll be there.

Getchell, Darrell
Administrator

Postby Getchell, Darrell » September 17th, 2007, 8:41 am

The reunion ended yesterday afternoon at 1400 hours. And it's a god thing, as my body had just about run out of fuel. Wow! I had an absolutely great time as I always do at these things. We had quite a few new faces at this one, and a lot of old friends. Mike Andruschak, Dick Cross, Dennie Longhenry, John Partlow, Paul Karren, John Vasilis, Harold Taffner, James Badgett and Al Smith - I'm glad you could make it...It was indeed my pleasure to meet and talk with you all. I've had several of our regulars tell me that although there were fewer people at this reunion, they had more fun because people seemed more at ease and opened up with some terrific stories. Now, I'm looking forward to sitting back and reading some of the comments of those of you who attended. Oh yes, one more item--The 2009 reunion will be held in SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS at a date to be determined, but probably in September. Mark this on your calendars and plan to attend. I anticipate the 15th reunion will be out biggest yet, because we have a ton of retired GEEIA and EI people in the San Antone area.
Darrell

Getchell, Darrell
Administrator

Postby Getchell, Darrell » September 17th, 2007, 8:42 am

OOPS! Meant to say "good thing", folks.
Darrell

Cross, Richard
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Postby Cross, Richard » September 17th, 2007, 4:55 pm

I had a great time. Got to see two old friends, John P and Len H, after 40 something years. And got to meet a whole bunch of guys I served with in different places at different times (you guys are smart, figure that one out). If I'm still vertical, I'll see you in San Antonio!

Dick

ps: Almost forgot - I was telling some guys at work (former/reserve mil types) about the great reunion. A statement was made about us sitting around drinking beer and bull.. I say no way! We were reiterating historical anecdotes!

Hansen, Len
Year Enlisted: 1960
Year Discharged: 1966

Postby Hansen, Len » September 17th, 2007, 5:18 pm

I had a real good time. Even met guys who knew me that I never met. Dick Cross and I served together for 3 yrs in the 74th. I really enjoyed seeing Les Hamm after all these yrs also. Provided I'm not horizontal, I'll see all you guys in San Antonio, Texas in 2009

Beran, Chuck
Year Enlisted: 1960
Year Discharged: 1964

Postby Beran, Chuck » September 20th, 2007, 6:54 pm

MY NAME IS CHUCK BERAN. I SERVED WITH THE 2865TH AND 2868TH G.E.E.I.A. SQUADRON'S. FROM 1960 TO 1964. I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM ANYONE IN ALL THIS TIME. IT SURE WOULD BE GREAT TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE WHO SERVED WITH ME.
I DIDN'T KNOW THAT THERE WERE RE-UNIONS BEING HELD. IF ANYONE REMEMBERS ME OR SERVED WITH ME PLEASE CALL OR E-MAIL. 412-977-1626 OR
cberantroyhill@msn.com

Saylor, James
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Postby Saylor, James » March 27th, 2013, 5:08 am

My names is James Saylor and I was with the 2860 Geeia at Warner Robins AFB in Georgia. We were TDY most of the three years I was there, Key West NAS, Tyndall AFB, Vietnam, Azores
South Georgia, North Carolina. Mostly cable and Radar sites.

I had a great time and would love to hear from any of the guys.

brother.saylor@gmail.com ---- 337-342-8700

Return to “GEEIA Reunions”