2826 Patrick AFB & The Cape (Eastern Test Range) Missle tests

Patrick AFB, Florida
Eads, James
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Postby Eads, James » August 24th, 2007, 10:13 am

Was assigned to 2862 in Dec 1966 after two years at Albrook AFB Canal Zone.
I don't recall my 1st CO but I di remember Col Virgil B. Lindsey. He came up through the enlisted ranks, warrant officer an d then commissioned. He was a great CO cause he "had been there-done that!!"

Our main mission was PA Communications at the Cape and support all through the easter test range. Just terrible duty, Antigua, The Bahamas, Eluthera, Trinidad, Ascension Island (Look thet one up) South Africa, The Seychelle Is (Before it was a tourist attraction)

Of course there were other places...tyhe Noertheast cape on St Lawrence Island in the Bering sea. We removed Radomes there I think 1967 or 68.

Somes names I recall, Ernie Bowles..card player extroidinaire! Jimmy Rue form northern Ohio, Ed Ortagus palatka Florida good pal, Jim Celata Boston, Joe Micelli
Lynn Mass... Others I can see the faces, but after 30 some odd years the names elude me.

I re-enlisted in 1967 and spent my entire next 4 years at the 2862. When it was time to re-up again I decided that I wanted something else. Got out and married a gal from Perry Florida.

Been back in Cincinnati Oh since 1976 and have been a TV Tech all that time.

If any one knows of fellow GI's from the 2862 Circa 1966 to 1971 give a shout.

Sgt (E-4) James T. (Jim) Eads 2862 GEEIA Squadron (SEMPER OPEROSI)

Jordon, Corliss D.
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Postby Jordon, Corliss D. » September 9th, 2007, 5:38 pm

DJMAN,
This is the first time I've been here, so forgive if I make mistakes. I was at Patrick just a short time Dec, 65 to june 66. I was sent to Japan to 1955 th Comm @ Itazuki, Japan. I did run into some of the Geeia People in VN on TDY, one I remember was Buck Mason and a Msgt Hughes(Pappy). If you remember these people let me Know

Jordon, Corliss D.
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Postby Jordon, Corliss D. » September 9th, 2007, 5:42 pm

Not Ashamed of E-Mail so jordancd47@hotmail.com

Peters, Gary
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Postby Peters, Gary » October 3rd, 2007, 8:21 pm

Hi, I, was stationed at Patrick from 1966 to 1968, assigned to 2862 GEEIA SQ. Spent most of my time installing CCTV at the Cape and TDY to Greece and Turkey. If you know anyone with GEEIA and/or squadron patches, let me know. I'd appreciate it.
Sgt. Gary Peters

Feller, Donald L.
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Postby Feller, Donald L. » November 12th, 2007, 7:51 am

I was in the 2862 GEEIA sqd. from Oct. 67 to July 69. I was in telephone switching equip. installation. I was TDY to Germany and Keesler AFB. I never made it downrange. I remember Staff Sgt. Larry Hester and also Staff Sgt. Jordan. I can't remember his first name. Sgt. Burnett was also there, we went to Viet Nam together after Patrick.
Sgt. Don Feller

Jordon, Corliss D.
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Postby Jordon, Corliss D. » November 22nd, 2007, 2:28 pm

Sorry I haven't been back sooner. I do not remember any of the REPLIERS to my MAIL but would like to talk more and will get mor frequent to the site
JC

Jordon, Corliss D.
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Postby Jordon, Corliss D. » November 22nd, 2007, 2:29 pm

PS You can also MAIL direct jordancd47@hotmail.com

Pfeiffer, Tim
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Postby Pfeiffer, Tim » December 26th, 2007, 11:09 am

I was with the 2862nd from Dec. 1966 to May of 1969 when I was sent to Nam. Worked on MITOC systems at the Cape & down range. Fantastic assignment, met my wife in Cocoa Beach, went to Ron Jon's when it was just a hole in the wall & lived off-base right on the beach! Separated from the AF after 4 yrs.
Tim Pfeiffer (sgt. E4)

Gibbs, James W.
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Postby Gibbs, James W. » February 1st, 2008, 7:34 am

Hi all I guess I am an old timer, I was stationed at Patrick from 59-61 spent a lot of time at the cape but enjoyed the trips down range. was an outside plant man, was transfered to Patrick from long island NY, they deactivated our unit and sent those who wanted to go to Patrick. got out of the service in august of 61. but went back in in 66.

Return to “2862nd GEEIA”