2011 Reunion

Hardened Intersite Cable Splicers
French, Richard
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

2011 Reunion

Postby French, Richard » December 23rd, 2009, 9:36 am

Hello to all,

Time for information on our fourth HICS Reunion. The 2011 Reunion will be in Rapid City, South Dakota and is scheduled for June 23-26, 2011, at the Best Western Ramkota Hotel.

Thursday will be check-in beginning at 2pm, snacks will be available.

Friday, 9am-4pm will be a bus tour to the Badlands & Wall Drug (7 hours): This will include the South Dakota Air & Space Museum at Ellsworth AFB, Wall Drug Store (lunch on your own) and the Badlands National Park. It will cost approx. $45 per person. I’m trying to add the National Park Service D-01 & D-09 tours (http://www.nps.gov/mimi/index.htm). Includes narration and admissions.

Saturday, 9am-5pm will be a bus tour to the Black Hills (8 Hours): The tour begins with a drive through Keystone, a little gold town located below Mt. Rushmore. Then onto famous Mt. Rushmore National Monument, Crazy Horse Memorial, lunch at Heritage Village, drive through Custer State Park and the Iron Mountain Road. It will cost approx. $60 per person. Includes narration, admissions and lunch.

Sunday, from 2-3pm we will have a Photo Shoot for a Reunion Memory Book. There is no charge to have your portrait taken; you will be automatically included in the Memory Book. The Memory Book is available for purchase by everyone whether you attend or not.

There will also be a cash bar from 3-6pm.

At 4:30pm we will begin the evening’s festivities which will include a Slide? Presentation hosted by (Need a Volunteer), and a raffle for one or two items (Need Suggestions).

Midway thru the Presentation will be a dinner break. Dinner will be your choice of Chef Carved Honey Ham, or Chef Carved Prime Rib with all the fixings’ and desert, Black Forest Cake. After dinner will be the Raffle, conclusion of the presentation and the door prizes.

We have began the process of finalizing the catering requirements, I will finalize with the hotel caterers when I have the money in hand. It has to be paid for when menus are finalized. The cost will be $40.00 per person which covers the Ice Breaker and Dinner, cost of the door prizes and odds & ends (meals alone will be approx. $3,500). It is payable to Rick French by April 1st, 2011, the sooner the better.

Arrangements have been made for discounted rooms at the Best Western Ramkota Hotel. You must call the Best Western Ramkota Hotel and make your own reservations. Call 605-343-8550, ask for the front desk and tell them you are with the HICS Association. The quoted room rate for a single room (1-4 persons) is $109/night, double occupancy, before taxes (approx: $121 after taxes). The quoted room rate for a two room executive suite is $139/night, double occupancy, before taxes (approx: $153 after taxes). These room rates will be in effect from Jun 20 thru Jun 30, 2011. Currently, we have only 25 rooms blocked out so make your reservations by May 15, 2011. After May 15, 2011, it will be based on availability and may not be at the quoted rate. Please make your reservations as soon as possible so that we can block out additional rooms as necessary! Again, you must call the Hotel and make your own reservation. Tell the front desk you are with the HICS Association. If you encounter any difficulties please let me know immediately so that I can get them resolved.

Since this information is coming out so early the costs may increase a small amount come Reunion time. I will send out an update in the future. We look forward to seeing everyone and if you have any questions, suggestions or comments don’t hesitate to let me know!

Looking forward to seeing you in Rapid City!

Sincerely,

Rick French
Reunion Coordinator
3403 West Princeton Ave.
Spokane, WA 99205
509-435-5839
rd_draft@comcast.net

Return to “HICS Association”