Does Anybody Remember Stan Flack?

Tachikawa AB, Japan
Kobe, Pete
Year Enlisted: 1965
Year Discharged: 1996

Postby Kobe, Pete » July 22nd, 2009, 4:40 am

Stan, I can't say I remember you and no on the car. But the photo is my old roomie from tech school and then in GEEIA. Dan Olschefski is his name. We both came and then shipped out at the same time as be both were in the same class at Sheppard in Tel Switching school. We roomed together at Yamato for the first year. He ended up on another team. My team chief for a bit was Tsgt Schissler and then Tsgt Bristow. Our NCOIC of Inside Plant for us was Msgt Bob Grissom and before him a Msgt Brown. I think McDonald took over after Grissom.

Maybe post a pic of yourself from back then and it will shake some cob webs. If you go to the GEEIA main site I have put up a few photos there in the gallery for the 2875. Some of my old running buddies were: Mike Haraughty, Don Pounds, Dan Olschefski, Charlie Barr, Rick Walker, Bill McCaffery, Larry Jolliffe and more.

I have more pics of back then but the memories are fading. We had several small private reunions over the first 20 years but now thats a distant memory and the only one I talk with is Don Pounds and sometime "Ski" but even he is a once in a while thing now.

Stan a further edit here. I tried to send you a reply to the email you sent but the message requires a digital ID which I do not have or want to apply for.

Farrell, Chuck
Year Enlisted: September 12, 1966
Year Discharged: October 7, 1970

Postby Farrell, Chuck » July 23rd, 2009, 6:11 pm

Truck-san, any of the pictures of Charlie Barr? I can't place him but we were both crypto and there at the same time. I know he ran with the telephone guys mostly and if he's the guy I think he was he came to Tachi from Saigon.

Charlie, help me out here :-)

Kobe, Pete

Postby Kobe, Pete » July 24th, 2009, 5:37 pm

No pics of Barrsan. Sorry. He is a member here on this forum so send him a PM and I think he will reply. Or just post a message here. I have not heard from him in several months

Kiefer, Micheal
Year Enlisted: August 2, 1966
Year Discharged: July 26,1970

Re: Does Anybody Remember Stan Flack?

Postby Kiefer, Micheal » July 28th, 2014, 7:36 pm

Hey Stan,
Yeah, I remember you and a bunch of us in inside wire. July 67 to July 70.
Mike Kiefer here. I just stumbled onto this website. Neko Nomad! Feel free to call or email me: 828-777-8292 mkiefer@morrisbb.net
Been reading through some of the threads, what a flashback to some incedible times.
The 44th anniversary of my leaving Japan and discharge from the AF was July 26, a day I invariably get good and drunk and think back on my life and experiences. I thought about my GEEIA tour and wondered if any of us were still alive! Then I thought Google! Why I haven't done it before is beyond me but I found this site and Voila: there's some GEEIA troops still kickin.
Anyway, I'm going to post this,and start a new thread. Contact me.

Barr, Charlie
Year Enlisted: 1962
Year Discharged: 1970

Postby Barr, Charlie » November 3rd, 2014, 11:09 pm

You bet. I had a bunch of photos which I just cleared up. Stan. Glad you did the WO transfer that Army had for Af Tech sargents. better money, and you did not end up in Viet Nam. If you check my input, I ran into Charlie Johnson in England and met his son in a snack bar on an RAF base. We were both contractors then. I also met him again in Sunnyvale, Ca in a very classified environment - and we were still contractors. See my same comment. Had been away from this board for a long time, so have a lot to catch up.

Charlie Barr

Kobe, Pete

Postby Kobe, Pete » November 3rd, 2014, 11:38 pm

Hey Charlie,,,,,,,,,,,,man I have not heard from you in ages. What's up? Just hung up Skype talking to Pounds. Where are U these days?

Truck

Return to “2875th GEEIA”