Checking in (Chico Vill)

Tachikawa AB, Japan
Garcia, John
Year Enlisted: Aug 1965
Year Discharged: Dec 1968

Checking in (Chico Vill)

Postby Garcia, John » September 13th, 2014, 4:53 pm

I hope everyone had great labor day weekend. I went camping for 3 days up in the Sierras by Yosemite with our church group. It was refreshing to get away from the normal every day city hustle and bustle. The tents were set up for us, and the church organizers did most of the cooking out in the open. We could not beat the price for $20.00 included 3 meal a day and $8.00 a day per person to camp and use of clean showers and bathrooms.

Here is one for you. Yosemite forest fire reminded me of my experience on a fire truck ride in Chico Village. I had just came out one of the alleys out of one of clubs on to the main drag that went to the A-Frame when I noticed fire truck going by, and I needed a ride so I jumped on the fire truck, and as it went by the A-Frame I jumped off and went into the A-Frame and continued to consume more bottles of OB. I remember there was a lot yelling, and I am sure it was directed at me. I'm sure they were concerned that I may have got hurt and hinder there way to extinguish a home on fire. It was a dumb thing to do. Well fellow Veterans have a great day and "God Bless America" and never forget 9/11.

Return to “2875th GEEIA”