Names from the past

Tachikawa AB, Japan
Rudd, Steve
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Names from the past

Postby Rudd, Steve » December 30th, 2007, 10:24 am

After talking with Rod Meyers last night, I began to think about some of the troops that were in the 2875th - and wondered 'where are they now'?

I was inside plant, aome of the other folks I remember besides Rod & Charlie Barr are Bob 'Reindeer' Reynierse, Jerri "JJ" Woods, Jessie Killingsworth, Ray Doble, Bernie Naud, John Stover (Jonnie O), Royal Pelikai "DL" Bottomley, Don Gresens, Charlie Johnson, Bob Alexander (one of the 'teenie boppers'), 'Doc' Pepper (another teenie bopper), Roy L. Lee, and a couple of guys who I only recall the last names - Keifer (another teenie bopper), & Beverley.

Steve

Barr, Charlie
Year Enlisted: 1962
Year Discharged: 1970

Names from the past

Postby Barr, Charlie » January 28th, 2008, 10:55 am

Steve

Mike Keifer was the name. I ran into Charlie Johnson two more times.. Once in England at RAF Alconbury, where he introduced me to his son and we told some stories, then about 10 years later, walking in a classified area in California, this chunky guy say Hi Charlie. I am trying to remember him and matching with some folks, but I was not up for the balding, with grey hair and the weight. Turns out it was Charlie who was working for a subcontractor to Lockheed Martin. Was a great day.
I am not getting Beverley's first name for some reason.

Rudd, Steve
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Names from the past

Postby Rudd, Steve » January 29th, 2008, 6:20 pm

Charlie,

Yup - Mike Keifer was the one I couldn't recall. Also forgot about Joe Parra and Mike Kruziak. I contacted Jerry Chaloux a long time ago, but he basically wanted to forget about the past...his loss. The two other guys that I keep in touch with are Rod Meyers and Jeff Hansen - I think Jeff may have arrived after you left. I also think JJ Woods is no longer with us - he retired in Warner Robbins.

Getchell, Darrell
Administrator
Year Enlisted: 1961
Year Discharged: 1991

Names from the past

Postby Getchell, Darrell » January 30th, 2008, 12:04 am

Before I came into GEEIA in 1967 I was stationed at Misawa from 62-67. We had an A1C Cliff Dauer and a civilian, Mr Moon, come to Misawa several times to change the bearings in the TACAN antenna. Does anyone know if these two gents are still alive and if so, where they might be?
Darrell Getchell

Fahey, Mike
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Names from the past

Postby Fahey, Mike » February 16th, 2008, 7:58 pm

Name is Mike ... was stationed at Tachi 1960-1962. I was a Radio Relay Equipment Repairman. A recent trip to Kauai brought back memories of working on the AC&W site at Kokee ... visited the old CCC camp we stayed in during our time on the mountain. Hard to remember the names of those I shared those two+ years with BUT they were great times! Some of the folks I do recall (I think) are Joe Langer, Sgt Malloy, Jerry Robinson, Culver, Mandeville, R.D Wilson, Smouse ... that's all I can recall right now. Like most others spent most of my time TDY [Osan, Hickam, Wheeler, Itazuke, Christmas Island, Johnson Island, Itchigawa (Tokyo)] Remember much pinochle, spades and poker -- not to mention pool in the Day Room! Would love to hear from/about any who served during that time.

Davis, Gene
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Names from the past

Postby Davis, Gene » April 9th, 2008, 10:05 pm

This brings back old memories, I just found this site by accident. Thanks to whome ever started it. Gene Davis 2875th GEEIA 1960-1962. Sorry but I don't remember many names. The only name I can remember just now is Rafael Delreo SSGT. (I think that spelling is correct) I was A1c Telephone Inside (Wireman) I see many people are looking for the NEKO NOMAD patch. I did something a bit unusual with a NEKO NOMAD patch, I had one of the BX concession people copy the patch with lettering "2875 GEEIA" across the top to match the NEKO NOMAD at the bottom. I still have both patches, one new and one sewn onto an AirForce Flight Jacket. I did'nt spend much time at Tachi, I was TDY most of the time, Itazuke, Misawa, Hickam, Osan and other spots of interest. I did a nice trip to the island of Mishima (Twice), a JASDF Radar site out in the Sea of Japan. I just remembered a fellow named Lavec from Maine and another named John Vargas from N or S Dekota. I did have one incident I can never forget. I was cut up pretty bad in a Knife fight in mid 1962 (I did'nt have a knife) and many of you gave most of the 22 pints of blood to save my life and for that I have been very greatful. Thanks to All, I don't think I thanked you properly at the time. Gene Davis

Z-LtFuzz
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Names from the past

Postby Z-LtFuzz » April 11th, 2008, 5:54 pm

Gene, would it be possible for you to scan that special patch you had made? Might be interesting to others if you would post it. Lt. Fuzz (E)

Davis, Gene
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Names from the past

Postby Davis, Gene » April 13th, 2008, 1:54 pm

OK LtFuzz, Here you are,,,
The file was much to large for the format here but finally I got it small enough.
If anyone would like a larger copy, e-Mail me and I will send it as an attachment.
Gene

Z-LtFuzz
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Names from the past

Postby Z-LtFuzz » April 13th, 2008, 3:00 pm

That's pretty neat Gene, makes a good avatar for you. But, I was really thinking more of you uploading the image to the 2875th photo section, see the first page of this site. The password is Logistics. Lt. Fuzz (E)

Davis, Gene
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Names from the past

Postby Davis, Gene » April 14th, 2008, 2:59 pm

LtFuzz
As you requested, I uploaded to the Photo Section. I'm still not sure the RE-Size to 245 kb will provide enough quality to copy. If anyone needs a better copy I will be glad to direct e-Mail to them. The original file is over 450kb and larger.

In case someone did'nt see the post above this copy is a variation of the original with 2875 GEEIA across the top to duplicate the NEKO NOMAD at the bottom and was done by some of the BX vendors at Tachi. I also hope the Air Force don't get their panties in a wad over my changing the original.

Enjoy
Gene

Return to “2875th GEEIA”