Names from the past

Tachikawa AB, Japan
Z-LtFuzz
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Names from the past

Postby Z-LtFuzz » April 14th, 2008, 5:45 pm

NICE! Don't worry, the size is just fine. Lt. Fuzz (E)

Kirchner, Jose
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Names from the past

Postby Kirchner, Jose » August 17th, 2008, 9:44 pm

Dang! Darrell, I think I met you when we installed the FPN-47? up at Misawa, had to be maybe early 1966 - lots of snow on the ground. Small world! I remember we'd fly up and back in the Old Shakey, Aluminum Cloud, Bumblebee, C-124, whatever, cold as being outdoors.

For the 2875ers, at Tachi, I remember a funny JN guy, Yukio Kiosaki, who loved classical music and had some nasty things to say about Korea when we were TDY'd to Osan (not that he'd ever been, just the usual.)

Before I came into GEEIA in 1967 I was stationed at Misawa from 62-67. We had an A1C Cliff Dauer and a civilian, Mr Moon, come to Misawa several times to change the bearings in the TACAN antenna. Does anyone know if these two gents are still alive and if so, where they might be?
Darrell Getchell

Farrell, Chuck
Year Enlisted: September 12, 1966
Year Discharged: October 7, 1970

Names from the past

Postby Farrell, Chuck » April 19th, 2009, 10:20 am

And let's not forget Charlie Chambliss who spent most of his time with Pelekai at Misawa, Wakanai and Danang; Jim Ruthardt, Bob Anderson, Leigh Fingar, all of whom worked for Bob Reynierse (my first assignment was that tirp with Bob to Okinawa); Chet Harp, Ron Ward, SSGt Ballard (can't remember his first nane).

I went TDY with Bob Reynierse to Okinawa, to Osan with some TEam Leader I can't remember, but he ate Kimchi every morning, MSgt Killingworth (Osan, Kunsan, Suwon). I was in Kunsan while Charlie Chambliss was in Misawa and Bob was in Pleiku. We were all installing the first DSTE sites. Not bragging, but I believe our team in Kunsan had the first one operatinal worldwide. Also made a trip to Guam via Clark, but forget who all was on the trip. Definitely Bob Anderson, not sure who the team leader was. Second trip to Okinawa was at the AFSSO on the SAC side of the base. Finally got to stay in the hotel where GEEIA always stayed. Motel-like, seperate rooms, like being on vacation. The first trip with Bob, Leigh and I stayed at the Pearl Hotel. Leigh met his future wife on that trip.

Weekley, Tommy
Year Enlisted: 1966
Year Discharged: 1970

Names from the past

Postby Weekley, Tommy » August 4th, 2011, 2:00 pm

how about larry fish.bill eberspacher.bill uren.bob shofcom.sgt. ford,wally nell,gail uhde,dave warner,stephen o' hara ,flowers,fritz. a lot of kirin, suntory, and akadama under the bridge!

Reynierse, Bob
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Names from the past

Postby Reynierse, Bob » August 4th, 2011, 2:08 pm

I don't recognize any of those names,but it brought to mind a very funny to me time. I was getting ready to go on a trip and had to go upstairs to the supply and transportation section. Do you remember over the snackbar?
Anyhow one of thr JN's said something I will never forget. She said,"What do you expect from me? I work for Capt Aho and Sgt Bacca. Translation: Crazy and stupid.

Fahey, Mike
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Re: Names from the past

Postby Fahey, Mike » August 10th, 2013, 8:47 am

Gene, just read your post I too recall "Frenchy" Laveque and John Vargas As I recall SSgt R D Wilson was an inside plant guy -- do you recall RD?

Kiefer, Micheal
Year Enlisted: August 2, 1966
Year Discharged: July 26,1970

Postby Kiefer, Micheal » July 29th, 2014, 11:28 pm

Barr, Charlie wrote:Steve

Mike Keifer was the name. I ran into Charlie Johnson two more times.. Once in England at RAF Alconbury, where he introduced me to his son and we told some stories, then about 10 years later, walking in a classified area in California, this chunky guy say Hi Charlie. I am trying to remember him and matching with some folks, but I was not up for the balding, with grey hair and the weight. Turns out it was Charlie who was working for a subcontractor to Lockheed Martin. Was a great day.
I am not getting Beverley's first name for some reason.

Charlie, Mike KIEFER, here. I noticed you haven't posted in several years, I hope you come back, would love to talk to you. Or anyone else that was in the 2875th between 67 & 70. Feel free to call: 828-777-8292, mkiefer@morrisbb.net

Kiefer, Micheal
Year Enlisted: August 2, 1966
Year Discharged: July 26,1970

Postby Kiefer, Micheal » October 13th, 2014, 9:41 pm

Rudd, Steve wrote:Charlie,

Yup - Mike Keifer was the one I couldn't recall. Also forgot about Joe Parra and Mike Kruziak. I contacted Jerry Chaloux a long time ago, but he basically wanted to forget about the past...his loss. The two other guys that I keep in touch with are Rod Meyers and Jeff Hansen - I think Jeff may have arrived after you left. I also think JJ Woods is no longer with us - he retired in Warner Robbins.

Steve, Mike Kiefer here, I'm sorry to hear about JJ. Do you know what happened to him? He was my team chief on my first and many other TDY's. He was originally from Montgomery, Alabama as I am, and was the first black guy I ever worked with. We got along pretty well. I used to call him the "Big Cheese" 'cause he was the boss!
Chaloux would want to forget the past if he's married and has family!

Return to “2875th GEEIA”