2876th at Clark, You There????

Clark AB, Philippines
Howard, Brian
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Postby Howard, Brian » February 22nd, 2007, 4:23 am

hello, trying to connect with any 2876 GEEIA people at Clark, did TDY to Viet Nam and to Teipei, China.
Should have been around 67-69

Z-Messages
Year Enlisted: ????
Year Discharged: ????

Postby Z-Messages » March 21st, 2007, 2:58 pm

I was there 68-69. Went to Teipei many times - Bert Gwaltney, NAVAIDS

Z-Messages

Postby Z-Messages » April 14th, 2007, 1:43 pm

I was radio relay from Feb. '66 untill Sept. '67. We did tdy's to Nam and around P.I. Volunteered as a radio operator for a couple of months at a radar construction site in Jose Pongeneibon down in southern Luzon. Worked up at Wallace air station and Camp O'Donald and Crow valley. We hung in the Dirty Dozen down in Angeles City. The Dozen were Geeia bars when I was there. Awol Club, El Camino, The You and I Club and many others that a Magoo soaked brain can't remember. The 18 months flew by in a blur.

Z-Messages

Postby Z-Messages » April 14th, 2007, 1:52 pm

P.S. I've been looking for a 2876th patch. If anybody has any info on locating one, I would appreciate it greatly.

Hoffman, Jan C. Sr.
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Postby Hoffman, Jan C. Sr. » March 3rd, 2008, 10:46 am

erosina
I know I have at least one patch I will check to see if I have any others.

Jan C. Hoffman Sr.

Underwood, Pat
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Postby Underwood, Pat » July 21st, 2008, 6:35 am

I was at Clark in 65,66 and out in 67 and I also am looking for guys who I worked with. We did jobs all over Theiland, a job in Guam and also worked at the site where the Batan Death March ended, that was my last job before discharge in 67.

Storms, John H.
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Postby Storms, John H. » August 13th, 2008, 9:37 am

I was at Clark 1962-1964 in the 2876th. Antenna Construction. Memorable TDY's after I got there were to Rebuild the Transmitter Site, Receiver Site, and Reinstall the 2 large Microwave reflectors at the Comm Center at Andersen AFB, Guam. Typhoon Karen went right through Guam and "tore it up"! We had to wait until the following day after the Typhoon had gone to fly into Andersen from Clark on an "old shakey" C-124 Globemaster. The pilot had to fly into Andersen VFR so we had to wait until the weather was clear. ALL Navaids and Communications were out of commission! I remember hearing about a SSgt or TSgt. Comm Troop at Andersen who was a Ham Radio Operator (Ameteur Radio Operator) who put up a dipole antenna athis barracks thus becoming the first communications operation out of Andersen after the Typhoone. After we unloaded our V-17 High Profile Line Truck and all our gear, teams were organized and I was sent to the Transmitter site which was a mess! I believe we were the first persons the site personnel had seen since Typhoon Karen hit. We actually had to cut the many downed open wire transmission lines laying across the Transmitter Site entry road. When we left the base at Andersen for the Transmitter Site, we went directly passed the NCO Club or what was left of it! It was no more than a pile of rubble as though it had been demolished by a wrecking crew. Unbeleivable though was a piano on what used to be the stage that looked to be untouched. The pile of rubble of the Club was approx. 3-4 ft high. Somewhere I have 1/2 frame black & white photos of the Club. I also was tasked later on with another crew member to reinstall one of the two radar reflectors at the Comm Center on the free standing 180ft tower. Both reflectors had broken loose from the winds and one was found a few miles away and the other was blown out to sea. We brought a spare reflector with us from Clark. They had been originally fastened to the Horizontal 5" Dia. steel pipe at the top of the tower. They were bent too much and it was decided to remount the reflectors on the Corner Leg of the tower. As far as I know there still there doing the job. I was on SSgt. Robert S. Noone's crew. Great guy! We also had a Memorable TDY to Danang AB, NAM as well as TonSonNhut AB, Nam. 1963

Pellegrino, Eric
Year Enlisted: 1962
Year Discharged: 1966

Postby Pellegrino, Eric » April 20th, 2010, 8:03 pm

I was stationed at Clark with the 2876th between 1963-64 - TDY to Guam after Typhoon Olive hit - really loved the spliced poles - a ninety footer with a 30 ft spliced to it -great sway in the wind. TDY to Danang, Pleiku, and Nha Trang, Don Maung Airport in Bangkok. Remember the Tiger Club established by SGT. Speers - first SGT - drank lots of San Miguel - SGT Walsh was crew chief - Dan Yoder, Dick Shoemaker, Richard La Cross, Jerry Bagley, Chuck Galubinski, and I were the team. Remember Sally - Commander's secretary and houseboy, Butch - believe the tailor's name was Ginto - we dismantled the radome on Lily Hill as well as the one at Wallace Air Station

Booth, David
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Postby Booth, David » February 1st, 2012, 3:01 pm

I was radio relay from Feb. '66 untill Sept. '67. We did tdy's to Nam and around P.I. Volunteered as a radio operator for a couple of months at a radar construction site in Jose Pongeneibon down in southern Luzon. Worked up at Wallace air station and Camp O'Donald and Crow valley. We hung in the Dirty Dozen down in Angeles City. The Dozen were Geeia bars when I was there. Awol Club, El Camino, The You and I Club and many others that a Magoo soaked brain can't remember. The 18 months flew by in a blur.

My name is David Booth stationed with the 2875 GEEIA at Tachi Japan - I saw this post from Z#erosina thought I would reply we had a group of six techs sent to Jose Pongeneibon to complete the installation of the radar site mentioned and picked up a radio operator at Clark. What a hoot a complete radar site quarters and dining hall for seven techs that was a pretty good tour.

Gwaltney, Bert
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Postby Gwaltney, Bert » June 11th, 2012, 2:23 pm

Hoping other 2876th members would see this post. I spent many nights at the Dirty Dozen, and yes they were all great times. Feliciano Cruz owned the Bachelors Haven my favorite place. I remembered the Tiger Club well, before we were moved to the new barracks. I served in NAVAIDS and have been looking for others who did between 66-69.

Return to “2876th GEEIA”