who's out there?

Weekley, Tommy
Year Enlisted: 1966
Year Discharged: 1970

who's out there?

Postby Weekley, Tommy » March 8th, 2013, 12:09 pm

Gee guys, am I the only one left to run my mouth,er, keyboard? I see folks tuning in all the time,but never posting anything. This ain't the GEEIA people I knew, most of whom couldn't quit running their mouths! Somebody say something before we are all gone. I like reading posts from other units besides my own beloved 2875th even though they are all decidedly inferior! COMPAI!!!!....Tommy

Kobe, Pete
Year Enlisted: 1965
Year Discharged: 1996

who's out there?

Postby Kobe, Pete » March 8th, 2013, 8:08 pm

I check the site daily for a few seconds and I would guess everyone is busy doing their own thing and since they all "ran" their mouths so much years ago they are all out of things to say now?

And life and aging being what it is I would guess all that mouth running years ago was due to drinking all that beer and whiskey and these days we don't come close to the amount of alcohol consumption as back then

So maybe this comment will stir up something to chat about

Farrell, Chuck
Year Enlisted: September 12, 1966
Year Discharged: October 7, 1970

who's out there?

Postby Farrell, Chuck » March 9th, 2013, 10:14 am

I too look at the site every day just to see if anyone posts anything. I'll also go back and look at the pictures occassionally. I'm wallking that thin line between remembering fondly my time in the 2875th GEEIA and missing it too much. I keep hoping someone will post some more pictures; I unfortunately lost everything fromthose days many years ago in a basement flood (wife threw everything out and didn't tell me). Glad to see you two are still around and I'm sure Bob Reynierse is still visits the site now and again.

Reynierse, Bob
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

who's out there?

Postby Reynierse, Bob » March 9th, 2013, 12:07 pm

Yes I Do. I Have more Pictures some where but when I tried to post them they were deemed not of good quality, But what do I know about that I only spent 12 years working as a field engineer for Eastman Kodak.

Weekley, Tommy

who's out there?

Postby Weekley, Tommy » March 9th, 2013, 2:45 pm

Thanks men! I felt like closing time had come and I was left alone with the guy who stood outside the bars beating on the floor show sign. Just remember, you might get too old to cut the mustard, but you're never too old to lick the jar!.......T

Williams, Frank
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

who's out there?

Postby Williams, Frank » March 15th, 2013, 5:15 pm

Hi everyone! How great it was to find this site. I was in 2868 GEEIA Sq. at Elmendorf AFB from July 1967 - July 1970. My name is Frank Williams. I have some fond memories of GEEIA. I remember one of our guys had a baby born and they named him or her GEEIA. Anybody remember that?

On of my fond memories was being Airman of the Year and how proud I felt to represent GEEIA. Those were some great years for me. If anyone out there would like to share some memories of that period of time OR what was special to them, let me know. I was also involved with the PAL (Protestant Adult League).

Anyone out there go on the TDY to the Alleutians - Cold Bay for the dome installation/contruction? Those was some interesting times. Remember the bears raiding our trash?

I hope to hear from some of you.

Thank you in advance,
Frank

Weekley, Tommy

who's out there?

Postby Weekley, Tommy » March 16th, 2013, 5:23 pm

Welcome aboard, Frank. I never met any GEEIA types who would qualify for Airman of the Year! Maybe A of the Year but that A don't stand for Airman! They were mostly a bunch of hard working sob's who would give you the shirt off of their backs and maybe even their last drink of Akadama and I loved them like brothers .......T

Garcia, Johnnie
Year Enlisted: Aug 1965
Year Discharged: Dec 1968

who's out there?

Postby Garcia, Johnnie » May 16th, 2013, 7:49 pm

Hello, My name is John Garcia, and I was stationed at Kadena, Okinawa for 18 months from April '66-September'67. Geeia Squadron and Air Police barracks were at Camp Kinser an ex Sea Bee camp. I have great memories of the EM Club at Camp Kinser. The club would have Filipino bands that would sing and play awesome American music. However none of them could speak a word of English. We were at Camp Kinser until there was room for us to move to the main base, and we would go the Airmen's club and then to gate 2 street & BC street to utilize the barber shops, massage parlors, and night clubs.
I have not been able to connect with anyone, so I hope maybe some one out there may have knowledge of where abouts of some of the Airmen that were a bunch of great buddies. Our crew consistent of our crew chief Tsgt. Moles, Stevenson (Steve), John Davenport, Michael Wilson, Van Delay. I also hung around with Radio Maintenance Charles Adriano
We would go TDY all over the islands and went to Osan, Korea for a couple of months. We had a ball!! that I request for a consecutive overseas tour. I volunteered for Vietnam and Korea second choice. I was assigned to the com squadron in Osan Air Base, South Korea Oct'67-Dec'68. I was having a great time downtown until shit hit the fan when the Pueblo was taken. I went TDY all over South Korea. My Crew Chief there was Sgt Botkins. He was a great guy on and off duty. He loved his country music.
We would always say "We were part of the Air Force"

Kobe, Pete
Year Enlisted: 1965
Year Discharged: 1996

who's out there?

Postby Kobe, Pete » May 16th, 2013, 8:39 pm

Welcome to the site Johnnie, I spent many months in Kadena TDY from Tachi. I guess my brain is dead from all the escapades on BC and Gate 2 street. I do not remember a GEEIA Sq located on the island. Was this a Det. of the 2875? Im an inside plant person. Don't recall any folks actually stationed there

Nice to have you on the site,,,,,,,,,,,its been very quiet lately

Reynierse, Bob
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

who's out there?

Postby Reynierse, Bob » May 17th, 2013, 12:15 pm

I spent quite a few months TDY to the Det in Okinawa because they had no Crypto troops.

Return to “General Chatter”