Paul Provencal

Torrejon AB, Spain
Swartz, Bill
Year Enlisted: 1962
Year Discharged: 1966

Paul Provencal

Postby Swartz, Bill » December 17th, 2011, 9:11 pm

I went through Torrejon one winter in the mid 60s. I met a fellow named Paul Provencal who helped me get my MGA convertible into a remote corner of a hangar when I caught a hop to the ZI for my brother-in-law's funeral. It was blowing sleet and snowed several inches before I got back. Man, was I grateful to him, not to have to scrape and dig my way out of there!

I can't remember if he was GEEIA, Base Ops....or what unit.........Anyone remember him?

Bill Swartz.............2879th Athens 1963-66.............2874 Det 1 Mildenhall, England 62-63

Degraphenreed, Tom
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Paul Provencal

Postby Degraphenreed, Tom » January 8th, 2013, 1:21 pm

Seems 2872,is not as active as other units.Hope you guy, are OK,and if so Post something or email.
Tom DeGraphenreed
P.S. Does any one remember Jim O'dell or know if he,s vertical?He was outside plant also,61*64.

Conklin, Tom
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Re: Paul Provencal

Postby Conklin, Tom » August 11th, 2013, 2:22 pm

In response to the query at the end of this message regarding James O'Dell.
I was stationed at Torrejon AB from 1961-63 - Inside Plant and recall the name James O'Dell, but
I do not remember him. He is not in any photos of O'Dell that I have from my days at Torrejon.
I have one set of orders dated 20 April 1962 that included O'Dell's orders for him and A1C Lionel
Reeves from 2872 GEEIA to 3973rd CSG, Moron AB being Revoked (no travel required). On the same
set of orders my TDY at Cigli AB, (Izmir), Turkey was extended from 45 days to 60 days.

Campbell, Frank
Year Enlisted:
Year Discharged:

Re: Paul Provencal

Postby Campbell, Frank » August 16th, 2013, 12:27 pm

SSgt Paul Provencal was the NCOIC of Det 2 GEEIA at Torrejon. Det 2 was where the civilian engineers and designers were housed. I was origninally assigned to Det 2 but when I arrived at GEEIA, new orders were cut and I was reassigned to the orderly room. A3C Isaac Travler, was assigned to Det 2,when he came in months later. Paul Provencal was one of the good guys.

Return to “2872nd GEEIA”